1. Judging Date. July 6, 2017
2. Judging Location and Schedule. Rockwall County Courthouse. See address and map below.
9:00 a.m. Superintendents Arrive
9:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Check-In of Books and Judges
9:30 a.m. Judges Orientation and Instructions
9:45 a.m. Judging Begins
Noon LUNCH (provided on site)
1:00 p.m. Resume Judging
Afternoon Posting of Results –
Books Returned to County Boxes
3. Registration. Each participating member is required to register on 4-H Connect and pay the district $10 contest registration fee. The deadline to register on 4-H Connect is midnight June 30, 2017.
4. Participation. Participants must be active 4-H members enrolled in a Texas 4-H and Youth Development county program in District IV.
5. Age divisions. Age divisions are determined by a participant’s grade as of September 1 of the current 4-H year. Age divisions for this contest are:
|Junior||grades 3, 4, or 5|
|Intermediate||grades 6, 7, or 8|
|Senior||grades 9, 10, 11, or 12|
6. Entries per county. Each county may enter one recordbook per age division per category. The first-placed senior book in each category will advance to state.
7. Contest categories. See the state recordbook website for an official list.
8. Awards. 1st through 5th place awards will be given.
9. Participants with disabilities. Any Recordbook Judge who requires auxiliary aids or special accommodations must contact the District Extension Office at least 2 weeks before the competition to request such needs.
10. Contest Rules. Recordbooks must use the forms and follow the guidelines outlined in the Family Guide.
11. Judges. Each county is asked to recruit trained adult volunteers to assist in judging. Please submit names of individuals from your county who are willing and able to judge. Submit in 4-H Connect with a member’s registration by June 30. All agents are assigned to assist in the judging process.